Tuesday, August 22, 2017

€75m? No way! Leipzig reject huge bid for Liverpool target Keita

SoccerNews in English Premier League 19 Jul 2017

70 Views

RB Leipzig have dug their heels in over Liverpool target Naby Keita, rejecting a €75million bid for the midfielder.

The Guinea international was one of Ralph Hasenhuttl’s star players as Leipzig finished second to Bayern Munich in their maiden Bundesliga campaign.

Keita’s all-action style has reportedly caught the attention of Jurgen Klopp, who has added Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke to his squad thus far as the Reds look to build on last season’s fourth-place finish.

Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz confirmed that the Bundesliga new boys, who – like Liverpool – are plotting for the Champions League next term, revealed exactly to what extent Leipzig are prepared to go to in order to keep hold of their star man.

Mateschitz told Sport Bild: “Lately we got a €75m offer for Naby Keita. No way! 

“He has a contract and he will accomplish it. To sell him would not only be a proof of distrust to our fans but also the wrong sign for our players like Timo Werner, who is in demand too.”

Earlier this month, Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick claimed that the club would resist offers breaching €100m for Keita, which could prompt the Reds to focus their attention elsewhere.

Klopp has already begun clearing the decks in midfield, letting Lucas Leiva join Lazio after a decade at Anfield.

The Brazilian struggled to hold down a regular spot under Klopp, and was often deployed in defence, but the German had nothing but praise for the Rome-bound player.

“It goes without saying that all of the lads wish him the very best and from my own point of view I’ve got no doubt that he will be a success in Italy because he is one of the best professionals I have worked with,” Klopp said.

“But even though he’s not going to be at Liverpool anymore he is leaving a legacy behind. 

“He set the standards of what it is to be a Liverpool player and by doing that he gave all of us an example to follow and that will continue after he has gone.”

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top