Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Adam offers olive branch to Bale

SoccerNews in World Cup 10 Oct 2012

12 Views

Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam has called for a truce with Wales winger Gareth Bale ahead of their World Cup qualifying clash on Friday.

The Stoke midfielder had already previously caused Bale to be out for three months in 2011, when he caught him with a late challenge in a pre-season friendly while still at Liverpool over the summer.

The Spurs attacker branded Adam a ‘coward’ after the game, but the 26-year-old insisted the incident should be left in the past.

“What happened in the past has happened. I apologised to him during the (pre-season) game, after a corner,” Adam told reporters.

“I said to (Bale) I was sorry and thought everything was alright. I also apologised to the manager of Tottenham at half-time.

“Then all of a sudden I was being called a coward. That’s football and it won’t stop me tackling and trying to be the player I am. I hope it is done and dusted now.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top