Friday, April 28, 2017

Ajax deny Anita reports

SoccerNews in UEFA Europa League 18 Jul 2012

1 Views

Ajax director of football Marc Overmars has dismissed rumours that Vurnon Anita is close to joining Newcastle.

The Premier League side had expressed an interest in signing the 23-year-old, and reportedly had a 5million euro bid for the versatile midfielder rejected earlier this off-season.

Anita has already said he would be open to moving to the Sports Direct Arena, and recent reports suggested the player has handed in a transfer request to his club to try to force a move to Alan Pardew’s side.

However, Overmars insists Newcastle have not been in touch with him regarding the Netherlands international and has urged the player to remain with the Eredivisie champions.

“If Frank (de Boer) wants to keep him, Vurnon should just stay at Ajax,” the former Barcelona and Arsenal star told Voetbal International.

“His contract has two more years left on it and we are very pleased with him. In the two weeks I have been in this role with Ajax I have heard nothing from Newcastle.”

Anita, who made 33 Eredivisie appearances last season, scoring two goals, has two years remaining on his contract at the Amsterdam ArenA.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top