Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti is confident that he will be able to accommodate both Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale in his team.
The Wales international had been out of action for three weeks with a thigh injury, but made his comeback from the bench in Real’s 2-0 win over Malaga on Saturday, winning the penalty for their second goal.
Since making his world record move from Tottenham, Bale has only managed to start one league match, but the likes of Isco and Angel Di Maria have impressed in his stead.
Ancelotti is confident Bale will be able to slot into his starting XI soon and does not anticipate needing to change his system to fit both the 24-year-old and Ronaldo into the same team.
He said: “I put Bale on the left and Cristiano as a central forward because Di Maria was on the pitch, it isn’t something I intend to do every match.
“Cristiano won’t change his position, Bale might play sometimes on the left like today but not as a general rule.
“He (Bale) might play (versus Juventus and Barcelona), it’s an option we have as he doesn’t have any physical issue. We have three more days to train ahead of us, we’ll see and decide then.”
Real’s win was a relatively straightforward one as they created a host of chances, but according to Ancelotti, Ronaldo was disappointed with his own display despite netting a late penalty.
The Italian added: “Cristiano didn’t finish very happy because he wanted to score more as he had several good chances.
“I told him that today wasn’t meant to be and he was very calm and collected when he shot the penalty. This isn’t that easy to do when you aren’t having your best day.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!