Manchester City midfielder Abdul Razak has signed a permanent deal with Russian Premier League side Anzhi Makhachkala, according to the club’s official website, www.mcfc.co.uk.
Razak, 20, joined City from Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee in the summer of 2010.
The Côte d’Ivoire international made his English Premier League debut for the club on 5 February 2011 against West Bromwich Albion, coming on as a substitute for David Silva.
Razak, who made 10 senior appearances for Manchester City, spent time on loan in the English Championship with Portsmouth, Brighton & Hove Albion and Charlton Athletic before returning to the Etihad Stadium last season.
“Ivory Coast international midfielder Abdul Razak has joined Anzhi on a permanent basis,” read a statement on City’s official website.
“Due to the terms of the deal that took Abdul to Russia initially on loan, his transfer became permanent after his first appearance against CSKA at the end of September.”
Anzhi (0-6-6) are currently bottom of the Russian Premier League after finish third, and earning a place in this year’s UEFA Europa League, last term.
Additionally, City youngster Alex Henshall has joined League Two outfit Bristol Rovers on an initial one-month loan deal.
Henshall, 19, has yet to feature for the Manchester City Elite Development Squad in 2013/14 after suffering an injury knock at the start of the new campaign.
The 19-year-old winger, who has represented England at the Under-16 and Under-17 level, joined City from Swindon Town in July 2010.
Dos Santos considering Barca exit
Mexico international midfielder Jonathan dos Santos has revealed he may leave FC Barcelona in order to boost his chances of representing El Tri at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil next summer.
Dos Santos, 23, has made three substitute appearances, accounting for less than 20 minutes on the pitch, for the Spanish champions this season.
The 23-year-old, who has won six caps for his country, was close to joining compatriot Carlos Vela at Real Sociedad earlier this term, but the deal fell through after Barcelona boss Tata Martino convinced the midfielder to stay at the Camp Nou.
“I’m surprised the manager [Martino] told me to stay because I had already set up [a loan] with Real Sociedad,” Dos Santos told Radio Catalunya.
“My dream is to play in the World Cup next year, but if I don’t have the minutes with Barca I will have to entertain the idea of going into the transfer market this winter.
“It’s not easy. I have been almost a year without playing many minutes, and because of this it is difficult that I get called to the [national] team. [Barca] knows my intentions. If I have the minutes I would stay, if not…”
However, despite his remarks, Dos Santos has maintained he is happy at Barca and that his first-team chance will come. Doubtful.
Dos Santos is 14/1 to open the scoring against 18th-place Osasuna at the Estadio El Sadar on Saturday.