Thursday, March 30, 2017

Aulas hints at Valbuena exit

SoccerNews in Serie A 5 Jul 2016

9 Views

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed midfielder Mathieu Valbuena could leave the club before the new season starts.

The Ligue 1 side have received inquiries from China for the 31-year-old playmaker, with Fenerbahce also asking about Valbuena, who missed out on France’s Euro 2016 squad after losing form last year.

Aulas, who recently insisted striker Alexandre Lacazette will stay at Lyon, said Valbuena is “welcome” to stay at Lyon if he decides not to leave.

“His future is not necessarily at Lyon,” Aulas told Canal+. “I really like Mathieu. If he wants to stay, he will be welcome.

“Several approaches have been made. There was much talk about him in China. Turkish clubs like Fenerbahce have also inquired.”

Aulas suggested Corentin Tolisso could remain at Lyon for another season despite interest in the 21-year-old from Serie A club Napoli.

“Napoli have come back with an additional offer, but Corentin will remain with us,” Aulas said. 

“On the one hand because he wants to stay, I do not think he has the desire to leave, and secondly because we need his power.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top