Marseille defender Cesar Azpilicueta insists he is solely focused on Spain’s Olympic bid amid reports he could be on his way to Chelsea.
The right-back’s employers are strapped for cash and sporting director Jose Anigo admitted earlier in July they must sell before they can buy.
The Champions League winners are reportedly keen on taking advantage of Marseille’s monetary problems by snapping up Azpilicueta, but the player insists he is paying little heed to the rumour mill.
“I have heard the news in the last few days,” the 22-year-old told reporters on Friday. “They have said that I will leave Marseille but I remain calm regarding my future.
“For now, I’m focused on my work with the Spanish team and the London Games. My dream is to win the gold medal.”
Azpilicueta, who has been capped at nearly every age level by his country, joined Marseille from hometown club Osasuna for a reported seven million euros in 2010.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!