Monday, December 11, 2017

Bale calls for Coleman to stay after Wales miss World Cup

SoccerNews in World Cup 10 Oct 2017

Gareth Bale has urged Chris Coleman to stay on as Wales manager despite the team suffering World Cup heartache.

The sidelined Real Madrid star was forced to watch on in anguish from the stands in Cardiff on Monday as James McClean’s goal gave the Republic of Ireland a 1-0 that sealed a play-off spot at Wales’ expense.

It means Coleman, Bale and company will not have the chance to try and emulate their heroic run to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 on a bigger stage in Russia next year.

Coleman said he was unable to give an answer one way or another on his future after the match but Bale hopes the 47-year-old continues beyond the end of his contract, which expires in November.

“Of course we want him to stay,” he told reporters. “What he has done for the team and Welsh football has been amazing.

“He couldn’t have taken on the job at a more difficult time and what we’ve collectively achieved since then has been amazing.

“We don’t want to keep on looking back at the Euros, but for everyone it was incredible to be a part of that and we all want that again.

“It won’t be easy but Chris is the man who can keep us focused and positive and show us how to get the results we need.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top