Saturday, July 29, 2017

Barcelona did everything they could to sign Nolito – Mestre

SoccerNews in La Liga 1 Feb 2016

7 Views

Barcelona sporting vice-president Jordi Mestre insists the club did everything they could to sign Nolito in the January transfer window. 

The former Barca B player had been linked with a return to the club for several weeks after showcasing impressive form for Celta Vigo. 

Nolito scored seven goals in his first nine league appearances this season, but has missed their last six fixtures with a hamstring problem. 

Mestre said the club went all out to land one of Luis Enrique’s top targets, but claimed their Liga rivals would not budge,

“Barcelona put in all they could, plus even more to try to sign him,” the 53-year-old said at the Mundo Deportivo gala.

“There were negotiations and we did make offers and alternative deals more than we could.

“But on the other side, Celta did not give in.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top