Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Benzema reportedly to remain in custody overnight

SoccerNews in La Liga 4 Nov 2015

4 Views

Karim Benzema is set to spend the night in custody as investigations into his potential role in an alleged attempt to blackmail Mathieu Valbuena using a sex tape continue, according to reports in France.

The 27-year-old was brought in for questioning by French police in Versailles, reportedly over his familiarity with the group thought to be behind an alleged attempt to blackmail France team-mate Valbuena.

Earlier on Wednesday, Benzema’s lawyer Sylvain Cormier told AFP his client “played no part whatsoever”.

Local media now state the Real Madrid striker will remain in custody overnight, but Cormier insists Benzema remains composed despite the situation.

“His mood is calm,” Cormier told reporters.

“My client answers the questions, I recall that it was he who took the initiative to make himself available to the judges.”

Benzema is the second high-profile name to report to the police over the case after former France international Djibril Cisse was questioned before being released without charge.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top