Thursday, January 19, 2017

Bolasie could be out for 12 months, says Koeman

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 4 Jan 2017

25 Views

Everton will be without winger Yannick Bolasie for the majority of 2017, manager Ronald Koeman has confirmed.

DR Congo international Bolasie was widely expected to miss the remainder of the current season after sustaining anterior cruciate ligament damage during the 1-1 draw against Manchester United at the start of last month.

The 27-year-old underwent surgery to treat the problem and Koeman explained he is likely to be out for between 10 and 12 months.

Speaking during Everton’s general meeting at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall on Wednesday, the Dutchman said: “He’s, at the moment, optimistic. It is a long-term injury, 10, 11, 12 months.

“He will come back, he has a strong mentality.”

Bolasie impressed at Goodison Park having signed from Crystal Palace in August – a deal reported to be worth in the region of £27million.

He scored his maiden Everton goal at Burnley in October and has supplied four assists in 13 Premier League appearances.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

ADD COMMENT

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top