Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bowen not interested in China return

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 26 Jun 2012

6 Views

Jeonbuk Motors boss Lee Heung-Sil says China international Huang Bowen is not interested in a return home to the Chinese Super League.

The 24-year-old former Beijing Guoan man had been linked with big spending Guangzhou Evergrande and Guangzhou Fuli in recent weeks.

However, Lee told Korean media this week that his midfielder was not pondering a switch to his homeland.

“A lot of Chinese media reported that Fuli coach (Sergio) Farias thinks high of Huang and has persuaded the club to bring in Huang with big money,” Lee said.

“But Huang’s agent told me the Chinese player didn’t have a strong will to go back to China, and wanted to stay with his team.”

Lee also revealed he had been contacted by Evergrande in May but insisted his player was not for sale.

“Evergrande’s former coach, Lee Jang-Soo, called me about Huang’s transfer. I told him, ‘Your team has some players we want to buy, but our team has no player to sell’,” Lee said.

Fuli vice chairman Lu Yi confirmed last week to the Nanfang Dushi newspaper that there had been negotiations but insisted no deal had been signed.

Huang, who was voted the 2008 Chinese FA Young Player of the Year, has a year-and-a-half remaining on his Jeonbuk contract.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top