League One side Bury F.C. are set to decide the future of defender Matty Foulds in the next 24 hours, according to manager David Flitcroft.
Foulds, 17, was left out of the Shakers’ Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat to Morecambe on Tuesday evening, as the club decide whether to sell the talented defender.
The 17-year-old, who has yet to make his league debut for Bury, impressed in the Capital One Cup defeat to Leicester City in August.
“I’m protecting Matty, we’ve got some very good bids in for him now,” Flitcroft told the club’s official website.
“It’s been bubbling along for a week now and some fantastic football clubs want his services.
“We took a business decision to not play Matty, with the organisation and the business at the forefront of my mind, because I didn’t want this game upsetting that or getting in the way of that.
“We now have to follow that up over the next 24 hours and see where that’s at.”
Bury are priced at 10/1 to win the League One title this season.
Schelotto in Leicester talks
Former Internazionale Milano winger Ezequiel Schelotto has revealed he is in talks with English Premier League side Leicester City.
The once-capped Italy international, who spent last season on loan at A.C. Chievo Verona, has been without a club since his deal with the Nerazzurri expired in the summer.
But Schelotto believes he can follow in the footsteps of ex-teammate Esteban Cambiasso and become a hit at the King Power Stadium.
Although Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri insisted the reports linking Schelotto with the Foxes were ‘speculation,’ the player has confirmed talks are ongoing.
“I’d like to play there and I’m ready to get back into action,” Schelotto told Italian sports newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I don’t know what stage the negotiations are at with Leicester, but if Cambiasso can do well there, then I’m sure I can too.
“I would never have imagined I’d find myself without a club at the age of 26. Now I’m waiting for a gift – a new club.”
Schelotto, 26, made 29 Serie A appearances, including 26 starts, for Chievo last season.
Wanyama focused on Southampton
Southampton F.C. midfielder Victor Wanyama has revealed he is focused on progressing at St Mary’s following his failed summer move to White Hart Lane.
The Kenya international, 24, was heavily linked with the North Londoners, but no deal materialised. As a result, Wanyama was left out the game against Norwich City earlier this year.
But all is well, as reports in the English media have suggested the Saints have now offered the 24-year-old a new five-year contract.
“I just don’t want to remember that situation, ” Wanyama said. “Now I’ve forgotten what happened.
“I’m now progressing at my club and it’s been good, so I’m looking forward to putting in good performances.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!