The SoccerNews editorial column, featuring articles from respected football journalists.
- October 12, 2014Can Neil Lennon revive the fortunes of Bolton Wanderers?
Championship Bolton Wanderers have appointed Neil Lennon as their new boss. The Northern Irishman will start work on Monday morning […] [+]
- October 11, 2014England under-21’s the key to a successful international future
England’s under-21 team defeated Croatia 2-1 at Molineux last night in the first leg of their European Championship play-off. A […] [+]
- October 10, 2014Mark Schwarzer rips FIFA , demands football ban in Qatar in the summer
Chelsea F.C. goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has launched an angry attack on FIFA, insisting the controversial decision to play the 2022 World Cup […] [+]
- October 10, 2014Arsenal scouting Talisca; Hamburg to purchase Holtby
Arsenal scouting Talisca Premier League giants Arsenal are keeping close tabs on Benfica attacker Talisca, O Jogo can reveal. The […] [+]
- October 9, 2014Podolski frustrated by lack of playing time at Arsenal
Arsenal F.C. forward Lukas Podolski is growing frustrated by his lack of first-team football at the Emirates Stadium, and will […] [+]
- October 8, 2014Is increasing the number of teams at Euro 2016 a good thing?
The European Championships hosted by France in 2016 will contain the most teams ever seen at a finals tournament, with […] [+]
- October 8, 2014Juventus rekindle interest in Shaqiri; Van der Vaart set for Hamburg exit
Juventus rekindle interest in Shaqiri Turin-based media outlet Tuttosport has learned that Juventus have reignited their interest in Bayern Munich […] [+]
- October 7, 2014Should Everton fans be worried by their team’s poor start?
On Sunday Everton suffered a 2-1 defeat Manchester United, which was their fourth Premier League loss in just seven top-flight […] [+]
- October 6, 2014Rodgers ‘adamant Sterling’ will sign new deal; Shaqiri hints at unhappiness
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is ‘absolutely adamant’ that Raheem Sterling will sign a new contract in the near future. The England international, 19, is […] [+]
- October 6, 2014Premiership giants vying for Cavani; Roma to bid for Matija Nastasic
Premiership giants vying for Cavani Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool are locked in the battle for Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson […] [+]
- October 6, 2014West Ham looks to have made a shrewd signing in Sakho
West Ham claimed a 2-0 victory over London rivals QPR yesterday, with Senegalese striker Diafra Sakho having a major influence […] [+]
- October 5, 2014Burnley show fighting spirit needed to beat relegation
Burnley rescued a 2-2 draw against Leicester yesterday at the King Power Stadium. The Clarets scored a 96th minute equaliser […] [+]
- October 4, 2014Can Arsenal record a victory at Chelsea on Sunday?
Last season Arsenal made a blistering start to their Premier League campaign. However a dreadful run of results, including a […] [+]
- October 3, 2014Roy Hodgson plays it safe with England squad selection
England boss Roy Hodgson has named his squad for the Euro 2016 qualifiers against San Marino and Estonia next week. […] [+]
- October 3, 2014Manchester United keen on Coentrao; PSG to bid for Lacazette
Manchester United keen on Coentrao Daily Express is reporting that Manchester United are pondering a January bid for Real Madrid […] [+]
- October 2, 2014Chile’s Angelo Henriquez eager to impress Man United
Chile international forward Angelo Henriquez is relishing the opportunity to win a first-team place at Old Trafford. Henriquez, who joined […] [+]
- October 1, 2014Liverpool lead chase for Higuain; Milan back in for Taarabt
Liverpool lead chase for Higuain Liverpool are in pole position to sign Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli, according to […] [+]
- September 30, 2014PSG’s David Luiz reveals nearly joined Barca in the summer
Paris Saint-Germain defender David Luiz has revealed he was close to signing for FC Barcelona over the summer. The Brazil international, […] [+]
- September 29, 2014Gignac would fit in at Arsenal or Liverpool; Pardew wants Tiote stay
The agent of Olympique de Marseille striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, Christopher Hutteau, has suggested the player would fit in at Arsenal or Liverpool. The France […] [+]