With the European transfer window set to open on July 1 in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, football transfer news and rumours are starting to boss the headlines.
As always, Europe’s biggest clubs, including 2011-12 UEFA Champions League winners Chelsea, are in the discussion, and rightfully so.
This segment will cover the latest transfer news and rumours surrounding Chelsea FC.
Chelsea FC legend Didier Drogba has confirmed that he will leave the Blues when his contract expires in the summer.
The Ivorian international was dubbed as “immortal” by commentator Martin Tyler following the talisman’s incredible performance in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich.
“I wanted to put an end to all the speculation and confirm that I am leaving Chelsea,” said Drogba.
“It has been a very difficult decision for me to make and I am very proud of what we have achieved but the time is right for a new challenge for me.”
Didier went on to thank Roman Abramovich, his team-mates and the Chelsea supporters.
His name will be tied to Chelsea forever. There’s no doubt about that.
According to Sao Paulo club president Juvenal Juvencio, the Brazilian club have rejected a €40 million (£32.3m) bid for 19-year-old starlet Lucas Moura.
Lucas has already earned 11 caps for the Samba Boys, and scored his first career international goal against Argentina in the Superclásico de las Américas on 28 September 2011.
With that said, Lucas has had European scouts on the edge of their seats because of his top-notch displays in the Brasileirão.
Lucas, also known as Marcelinho, tallied three goals and three assists for Sao Paulo in his debut season (2010-11).
In his sophomore campaign, the Brazilian upped his tally to 12 goals and two assists in all competitions.
He’s on pace to improve his goal-scoring record once again in 2012-13, having bagged seven goals and three assists through 21 matches in all competitions.
Outside of Neymar, Lucas is thought by many to be Brazil’s most prized asset.
Apparently deadlines don’t mean much to Eden Hazard.
The Lille star had previously promised to make his decision to join either Manchester City or Manchester United on Monday, 21 May, but Chelsea’s Champions League success has delayed his decision according to the midfielder.
“It is possible that Chelsea’s arrival at the negotiation table will delay things, as nothing is done until I sign a contract,” he told Canal +.
“Chelsea can make you hesitate, next year they will play in the Champions League. So we will see.”
Stay tuned for the latest transfer news and rumours surrounding Europe’s biggest clubs.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!