Sky Bet Championship side Brentford F.C. have extended the loan deal of Chelsea midfielder John Swift until January 3, 2016.
The England Under-20 international, who is one of 34 Chelsea players currently out on loan, has certainly impressed manager Lee Carsley since joining on October 3, having scored one goal in four appearances for the Bees.
“We are delighted that Chelsea have allowed John to stay with us until January,” Carsley told the club’s official website.
“He has been a very good addition to the squad. He has slotted in well to the group. We spoke to him about pushing on and standing out with the quality he has. It is important he doesn’t rest on his laurels.
“His work rate has been outstanding since he has been with us and if he wants to stay in the team he has to maintain that.”
Brentford are priced at 25/1 to win promotion to the English Premier League this season.
Williamson set for Wolves switch
Newcastle United F.C. defender Mike Williamson has reportedly agreed to join Wolverhampton Wanderers on a one-month loan deal, according to Sky Sports.
Williamson, who scored in the Magpies’ 4-1 win over Northampton in the Capital One Cup earlier this year, has made just two appearances for Newcastle in 2015/16.
And instead of continuing to play second fiddle to the likes of Chancel Mbemba, Fabricio Coloccini, and Jamaal Lascelles, Williamson has decided to move to England’s second-flight for a chance at regular first-team football.
Raiola: Pogba could still join Barca
The agent of Juventus No. 10 Paul Pogba, Mino Raiola, has insisted his client could still join FC Barcelona despite Joan Laporta’s failure to defeat incumbent Josep Maria Bartomeu in the club’s latest presidential election.
“Pogba at Barca, it’s still possible,” Raiola told RMC. “It is not [dependent on] the arrival of Laporta. Now let’s see what the Barca project [produces] and also the desire [of] Pogba.
“For, let us not forget that Paul chose to stay at Juventus. He decided to stay and we have to respect his will. But, all doors are open.”
Meanwhile, in the same interview, Raiola confirmed the Bianconeri rejected bids of €85 million from unnamed clubs in England, Germany, and Spain–presumably Manchester City, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, and/or Real Madrid–in the summer.
The France international has struggled in the No. 10 shirt for Juve this season, much to the annoyance of Les Bleus boss Didier Deschamps.
“Giving Pogba the No. 10 shirt was and still is a big mess,” Deschamps told Tuttosport. “The number was available and I don’t know who made this decision, but the important thing is Paul does not change the way he plays.
“I know full well that he is not a No. 10; he’s not a second forward. I’ll always allow him the freedom to go forward, but he’s a midfielder and he also needs to work defensively. It might not be what he likes the most, but it’s important that he does this for the team.”
After suffering a historic 1-0 defeat at Sassuolo on Wednesday, the bookmakers are backing Juve at 6/1 to win the Serie A title in 2015/16.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!