CONCACAF general secretary Enrique Sanz has been provisionally banned from all football-related activity by football’s lead governing body FIFA.
Jeffrey Webb, the CONCACAF president, was one of nine FIFA officials among 14 people indicted on charges of racketeering, conspiracy and corruption by United States authorities last week.
A statement released by FIFA confirmed Sanz’s ban on Monday.
The statement read: “Following previous decisions and further clarification, and on the basis of investigations carried out by the investigatory chamber of the Ethics Committee and the latest facts presented by the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee, Hans-Joachim Eckert, today provisionally banned the official Enrique Sanz from carrying out any football-related activities at national and international level.”
FIFA also provisionally banned two officials from the Congolese Football Association.
A separate statement said that vice-president Jean Guy Blaise Mayolas and general secretary Badji Mombo Wantete were suspended “based on the fact that various breaches of the FIFA Code of Ethics appear to have been committed by said officials.”