Sunday, April 30, 2017

Conte has big plans for Juve

SoccerNews in Serie A 19 May 2013

2 Views

Antonio Conte has reaffirmed his commitment to Juventus after they ended the Serie A season with a 3-2 defeat away to Sampdoria.

Conte, who is contracted to Juve until 2015, guided the team to their second successive Scudetto earlier this month.

Following talks with the club’s owners, he announced his intention to remain at Juve and seek to build on his impressive achievements.

“I didn’t need convincing, just to confront our plans and make sure they matched. I haven’t extended my contract, nor adjusted my wages, as those were not important to me,” Conte said.

“We want to build something here. Inter (Milan) won the treble and then ground to a halt, but that is not our objective.”

Juve will be bolstered by the arrival of Spain centre-forward Fernando Llorente from Athletic Bilbao in the off-season and have also been linked with moves for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez, but Conte would not be drawn on those reports.

“Gonzalo Higuain or Tevez? I like them, but I also like Leo Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar,” he said.

“You can throw in many names, but what counts is the balance sheet. We must figure out how to spend wisely.

“I think you should be giving credit to my guys for what they did on the pitch this year. Talking about the market right now does not seem respectful to them,” he told reporters.

Sampdoria coach Delio Rossi, meanwhile, acknowledged he is likely to be without the services of star man Mauro Icardi next season.

“I know that I will lose some players and if Icardi receives an important offer then he will leave Sampdoria,” he told Mediaset Premium.

“As far as I know, unfortunately, the offers have come in.”

The win on Saturday means Sampdoria have collected maximum points against Juve this season, but Rossi played down the significance of the feat for his side, who have secured their top-flight status after gaining promotion from Serie B last term.

“Juve’s quality is beyond doubt, so it’s probably a coincidence that we won both games against them,” Rossi.

“It remains a great achievement to have beaten the champions of Italy.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top