Juventus coach Antonio Conte will be interviewed on Friday about his part in Italy’s most recent match-fixing probe.
Conte travelled to Rome on Thursday night for the meeting with Italian FA (FIGC) prosecutor Stefano Palazzi, Tuttosport reported.
Former Siena player Filippo Carobbio recently told the prosecution that Conte had told his players a Serie B match against Novara had been fixed.
The former Italy international will get the chance to defend himself against the accusations on Friday.
Palazzi will first receive sworn testimonies from15 people who were present at that meeting where Conte allegedly said the clash had been fixed, statements that will all contradict Carobbio’s revelations.
The FIGC prosecutor will then listen to the people who witnessed an altercation between the current Juventus coach and Carobbio’s wife during his spell at Siena.
Conte will be accompanied by his legal team on Friday and the 42-year-old is confident that he will be acquitted.