Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed terms on a new five-year deal at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, according to the club’s official website, www.realmadrid.com.
The Portugal international, whose previous deal was set to expire in the summer of 2015, put pen to paper on his new five-year contract on Real Madrid TV on Sunday.
Since arriving in Madrid, Ronaldo has bagged an astonishing 203 goals in 203 appearances in all competitions for Los Galácticos, while claiming three trophies: the Copa del Rey (2010/11), La Liga (2011/12) and the Supercopa de España (2012).
The former world record signing from Manchester United and his new team-mate Gareth Bale scored in Madrid’s disappointing 2-2 draw at Villarreal on Saturday.
Ronaldo is delighted with his current situation at Madrid, with the rumours linking the Portuguese with a summer move to Manchester United a distant memory.
“I’m really happy here,” said Ronaldo at a press conference held at the Bernabeu. “I’ll be here five more years. I just want to win trophies for this club.
“I appreciate the fans like me a lot to be here. I’m happy, I want to give my best on the pitch.
“I will be honest with you – everyone knows I was in Manchester for six years. Manchester is in the past.
“Now my club is Real Madrid. This is my home, my family is here and I’m really happy here.
“I respect all the clubs who ask about me. But they always know that my decision, that my only goal is to be here and to play at this club until, maybe, the end of my career.
“The future nobody knows.”
Real Madrid will open their 2013/14 UEFA Champions League account against Turkish giants Galatasaray at the Türk Telekom Arena on Tuesday.
Valdes planning Barca exit
FC Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has reaffirmed his desire to leave the club at the end of the season, Sky Sports understands.
Valdes, whose current contract expires next summer, has been linked with a host of top European clubs, including Arsenal, AS Monaco, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, in recent weeks.
The Spain international, 31, had previously made it clear that he would not sign a new deal at Barcelona, but the Spanish champions insisted the 31-year-old was not for sale this summer.
“Always I am a professional,” Valdes told reporters following Barcelona’s dramatic 3-2 win over Sevilla on Saturday.
“I have spoken with the club without problems but my choice has not changed – I am happy for this season and after, I leave.
“I do not need to add more quotes.”
Should Barcelona sell the howler-prone Spaniard in January?
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!