Manager Roberto Di Matteo vowed Chelsea will attack Juventus in Tuesday’s Champions League clash, but remained silent on team selection.
The Blues have been praised for their dogged defensive displays in Europe, a feat which saw them overcome Barcelona and Bayern Munich on the way to winning the trophy earlier in 2012.
However, the Stamford Bridge side have been in poor form domestically, taking just two points from a possible 12, but the Italian manager has insisted his side will take the game to their Turin hosts.
“It will be a difficult game, but Juventus are under pressure as well,” Di Matteo told reporters on Monday.
“Our intention is to cause Juventus problems, so certainly we will attack as well as defend.
“There was frustration on Saturday [in their defeat at West Brom] and we owe ourselves a good performance. In the past the players showed they can be counted on.”
Di Matteo revealed Ashley Cole would be available after recovering from a hamstring injury, but refused to reveal any further information on his starting XI.
“Ashley Cole is available to play. The defensive focus of the team will be very important tomorrow,” he said.
“I feel confident. I have a good team and we know we have to play a big game tomorrow. I will see how the players are in training and then I will make my final selection decisions.”
The Blues currently sit second in Group E, level on points with Shakhtar Donetsk and one point ahead of the Bianconeri.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!