Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Drogba ruled out move to Premier League

Talk Sport is today reporting that Didier Drogba has ruled out a move back to the Premier League in either the January or summer transfer window.

It is thought that the Ivorian is committed to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua, despite reports that were linking him away from the club just months after joining them from Chelsea.

Liverpool’s Brendan Rodgers was apparently keeping tabs on the 34-year-old and would have been tempted by a move for him, as well as Arsenal and Real Madrid.

However, Drogba said that he will not be heading to the English Premier League, or La Liga and remains focused on having a good season in the Chinese Super League.

Is has not been the best spell of his career in Asia so far, but he remains confident he can turn that around.

“I hope next season I can start again from the beginning with Shenhua. Because I joined relatively late, I didn’t prepare with the team early in the season, so our results were not very good.” The former Chelsea man said.

With Drogba also being so loved by his former employers at Stamford Bridge, it is not likely that he would ever like to move to one of their rivals and it does seem as though he is preparing to help Shenhua improve on their ninth-place finish last term rather than thinking about a move away.

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Joe Rooney


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top