Sunday, June 25, 2017

Dutch to trial ´sin-bin´ plan

SoccerNews in Eredivisie 20 Mar 2013

3 Views

The KNVB is introducing a scheme that will see a yellow card in the amateur game punished by a 10-minute spell on the sidelines.

The plans, which are to be brought in next season by the Dutch football body, will see a player removed from the action if they receive a booking and anyone who has been banned will have to show that they have improved their conduct before being allowed to return.

Anton Binnenmars, director of amateur football at the KNVB, said the manslaughter of linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen at the hands of three players at a local match late last year was the catalyst for the measures.

“After the sad events on December 2, it became clear for the football world and the society in general that we needed to do something,” Binnenmars said.

“We have to take stronger measures. Violence does not belong on the pitch.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top