Thursday, March 23, 2017

FA pardon Cole for Twitter rant

SoccerNews in English Premier League 9 Oct 2012

1 Views

Ashley Cole will be available to play for England against San Marino on Friday after apologising for criticising the FA on Twitter.

The Chelsea left-back launched a scathing attack via the micro-blogging site last week after the evidence he supplied in John Terry’s racism case was called into question by the governing body.

The rant resulted in the FA charging Cole for misconduct on Monday.

Cole, who later deleted the tweet and apologised in an official statement, has been included in England’s squad to face San Marino and Poland in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

FA chairman David Bernstein, talking on BBC Radio 5 Live, confirmed that Cole had personally apologised to him on Monday and is now available for England duties.

Bernstein said: “He (Cole) apologised immediately on Friday and he came to see me last night and apologised to me personally.”

“He showed real contrition. He said he was really sorry.

“He is free to play for England over the coming matches. It is up to the manager to decide whether he plays or not.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top