Colombia international striker Radamel Falcao is set to undergo a medical at AS Monaco on Monday ahead of a €60 million move to the Stade Louis II, according to the Spanish media, Sky Sports understands.
Falcao, 27, has been linked with a move away from the Estadio Vicente Calderón, with Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid reportedly interested in the Colombian talisman.
The newly-promoted Ligue 1 side have already signed highly-rated FC Porto duo James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho in a deal worth €70 million.
On Friday, Monaco assistant coach Jean Petit told Radio RCN: ”Yes, we are expecting Falcao and four or five other players of his quality.
“We have spoken and we continue to speak with Falcao and his representatives, negotiations are ongoing. We hope to seal a deal as soon as possible.
“Monaco need a player like Falcao because he can help us a lot and because he can attract other top players, and that’s the best way of confirming out project is big and interesting.
“Signing Falcao is a big coup on sporting and media levels for French football.”
Falcao has bagged 34 goals in 40 appearances in all competitions for Atletico Madrid this season. Only Lionel Messi (46) and Cristiano Ronaldo (34) have scored more goals than Falcao (28) in La Liga in 2012-13.
Neymar chooses FC Barcelona
Brazil international ace Neymar has revealed he will be signing a deal with Spanish giants FC Barcelona on Monday, Sky Sports reports.
Neymar, 21, chose Barcelona over their Spanish counterparts Real Madrid after Santos finally gave in and decided to sell their star player.
The 21-year-old was once thought to remain at Santos until the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil, but will instead team-up with Lionel Messi and the La Liga champions on a five-year contract following the Confederations Cup next month.
“On Monday I’m signing a contract with Barcelona,” said Neymar.
“My family and friends already know about my decision. I want to thank Santos’ fans for these nine incredible years. My feelings for the club and the fans will never change.”
In addition, Neymar thanked Santos’ supporters for his ‘incredible’ nine-year spell at the Estádio Vila Belmiro.
“I want to thank the fans of Santos for these incredible nine years. My feeling for the club and the fans will never change. It is eternal!
“Only a club like Santos FC could give me everything I have experienced on and off the field. I thank the wonderful fans who supported me even in the most difficult moments.
“Titles, goals, dribbling, celebrations and songs that fans created for me will be forever in my heart.”
With Falcao set to join AS Monaco, Neymar on his way to the Camp Nou and Sergio Aguero having signed a one-year extension at Manchester City, Real Madrid are running out of possible striker options.
Napoli forward Edinson Cavani and Manchester United talisman Javier “El Chicharito” Hernandez have previously been linked with moves to the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.