Thursday, November 23, 2017

Fit Barzagli stays with Italy

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 9 Jun 2012

4 Views

Italy doctor Enrico Castellacci said Andrea Barzagli will be retained for Euro 2012, having made ‘considerable’ progress from injury.

The 31-year-old’s involvement in the tournament had been in serious doubt after he picked up a calf strain which threatened to keep him on the sidelines for 20 days.

As a result, Davide Astori was asked to cut short his holiday in Miami and join up with the rest of the squad on stand-by, but the Cagliari defender has now been allowed to return home.

“After some medical tests, we have noticed a considerable improvement with regards to the injury,” Castellacci told reporters.

“Because of this, coach Cesare Prandelli has decided to keep him on the team, in the hope that he will at least be able to play in the third group match (against Republic of Ireland).

Before the match against Ireland on June 18, Italy will tackle Spain on Saturday and Croatia four days later.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top