Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Fonte backs Southampton to ´get it right´ in manager search

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 15 Jun 2016

10 Views

Southampton captain Jose Fonte believes the club are fully equipped to find a replacement for the Everton-bound Ronald Koeman. 

Koeman officially resigned from his post as Southampton manager on Tuesday, and was promptly announced the new Everton boss – replacing the sacked Roberto Martinez. 

The Dutchman had been in charge of Southampton since 2014 after taking over from Mauricio Pochettino, who was poached by fellow Premier League side Tottenham. 

Fonte said he has faith the club will be able to find a quality replacement for Koeman, just like they did for Pochettino two years ago. 

“It’s not ideal, but we’ve been through situations like this before,” the 32-year-old said following Portugal’s 1-1 draw with Iceland in their Euro 2016 opener.

“We have to trust the board and the club that we are going to get it right and appoint someone with quality. We are a top club in England now.

“I’m sure the club will sort this situation out like in previous occasions. We’ve been through this before. We know how to deal with it at least.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top