QPR manager Harry Redknapp was left frustrated after Saturday’s draw against Wigan left his side winless after 16 league games this season.
After going behind to a James McCarthy opener, goals from Ryan Nelsen and Djibril Cisse were not enough to warrant a win, with the Wigan midfielder grabbing another to make it 2-2 and deny Redknapp his first triumph in charge of QPR.
The stalemate makes it three draws in a row for QPR, having previously shared the spoils with Sunderland and Aston Villa, but Redknapp believes a solitary victory will be enough to swing the momentum his team’s way.
“We need wins. We played at home to Villa and I felt that was a game that we should have won,” he told Sky Sports.
“We got a point against Sunderland and a point today, so that’s three games and we haven’t lost yet, but we need that win.
“We’re at home next week [against Fulham] and we’ve got to try and get it then. If we can get a win, it’ll turn the whole thing around.”
With the January transfer window looming, Redknapp also spoke of strengthening his side, acknowledging that some areas of the team might need to be improved if they are to avoid relegation.
“I know where I’d like to improve but it’s difficult for me to say because we’ve got players here at the moment,” he continued.
“We will see what happens in the window. If we are still in there, and please God we are, then we will have a look at it and see if we can get one or two in who could give us a push.”
Wigan manager Roberto Martinez was also frustrated with the result and thought his side had done enough to earn all three points.
“From our point of view it is disappointing to concede two goals,” he said.
“I did feel at the start of the second half we started clicking as a team, and we are disappointed that we couldn’t get the three points.
“But when you get the away team going ahead, it is always a real test and we did really well.
“Considering we had seven players missing today, the performance was of the highest level from our point of view.”