Adriano Galliani has dismissed speculation linking Japanese star Keisuke Honda with a move to the San Siro.
The CSKA Moscow midfielder had been linked with a switch to the Serie A club, but Milan’s vice-president insists no new signings are likely without members of the current squad leaving first to free up funds.
“I have repeated it for weeks, we feel numerically and qualitatively covered in connection with our five strikers, Balotelli, Pazzini, El Shaarawy, Robinho and Niang,” Galliani told the club’s official website.
“Our policy, being covered, is that if no one leaves then no one arrives. Honda? Let us see, there is no pre-agreement, (the) same speech is true for him as it was for Tevez, if someone goes then Honda could be a substitute.”
Argentina international Tevez joined Serie A rivals Juventus on Wednesday and, while Galliani admits there was interest from Milan, he explained that he is not too upset about the striker’s decision to move to Turin.
“Tevez has not taken away my smile and he is right when he says that Juventus wanted him more,” he continued.
“No-one has left so Milan does not need to make any signings. If someone had left, Milan would have been in serious competition to Juventus. But we have five strikers.”
Galliani also confirmed that Milan are keen for French midfielder Mathieu Flamini to stay at the club, but confirmed the two parties “are in different places when it comes to money”.