• Over 1000 in Free Bets
    Best Free Football Bets!
    Take advantage of these amazing promotions while it lasts. Now you can bet with the finest bookmakers and get the best deal on the net. [+]
  • Live Streaming Football
    Watch live streaming football, horse racing, tennis, volleyball etc. as a customer of Bet365. Bet In-Play available while watching your favourite sports. [+]

Ganso joins Sao Paulo; Arsenal, City keen on Llorente

Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A giants Sao Paulo FC have completed the signing of former highly-rated 22-year-old Brazil international Ganso from bitter rivals Santos for a reported fee of £7.5 million, Sky Sports understands.

As part of the deal, Sao Paulo have secured 32% of Ganso’s economic rights, while investors own the remaining 68%. Furthermore, Santos will receive five percent of any profit if the play-maker is sold in the next two years.

“I’m very happy, a fulfilled wish. Since Sao Paulo showed interest in signing me, I wanted that the deal to happen quickly,” revealed Ganso.

“I thank the interest from other clubs, but Sao Paulo moved me. Now that everything worked out, I can’t wait to give back on the pitch.

“Everything was done the correct way and I can say today that I’m very happy for joining Sao Paulo.”

In early August, Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro revealed that Alvinegro Praiano were willing to part ways with Ganso, for a transfer fee in excess of £40 million. I guess a £7.5 million offer from a rival club was good enough to land the 22-year-old.

Ganso has registered one goal and one assist in five appearances for Santos FC in the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A this season, while also bagging three goals and three assists in the infamous Copa Libertadores.

Arsenal, City keen on Llorente

Premier League duo Arsenal and Manchester City are reportedly set to step up their interest in wantaway Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente, who happens to be in the final year of his current contract, Sky Sports reports.

The Spain international is also attracting interest from Italian giants Juventus, fueling speculation that the 27-year-old could be sold by Los Leones in the January transfer window.

Llorente, who has bagged 10+ goals in La Liga five seasons running, scored a career-high 30 goals in 53 appearances in 2011-12.

Drogba ‘happy’ at Shanghai Shenhua

Former Chelsea FC talisman Didier Drogba has insisted that he is perfectly ‘happy’ with his summer move to Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua, Sky Sports confirms.

“I’m here. I just arrived, like, two months ago,” said Drogba.

“I’m really happy here – I am. I am really happy here. So I have no reasons to leave. I don’t want to leave. I want to stay here as long as I can, win some trophies with my team, and make our fans very happy.

“It’s difficult at the moment but I know that there is hope, and I believe.”

Drogba, who scored the winning penalty against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League final last term, has netted five league goals for Sergio Batista’s side this season.

Fri 21 September, 2012
RSS Feed
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here

Add your comment