Sunday, August 20, 2017

Gazza returns to football; Drogba admits he could leave Chelsea

Paul Gascoigne returns to football

England legend Paul Gascoigne has been appointed the new coach of non-league side Gartforth Town.

The controversial Gazza is looking forward to his return to football, even if it is a coaching job in English lower divisions.

“I feel strong right now. For me personally it’s a big challenge. It’s whether the players want to join me in that challenge.

“I never knew when I’d get back into football. I want to take the club forward and I want the players to develop. I will give commitment to the club.

“I am excited. I can’t wait to get in and get started – but of course I will be nervous,” said Gascoigne, whose previous managerial role saw him get the sack at Kettering after just 39 days on the job.

Gartforth owner Simon Clifford says Gascoigne can be an inspiration to his players.

”This is not a publicity stunt. I want him to be an inspiration to someone who might have depression or problems in their lives.

“He’s walked through hell but he has kept on walking.”

The only thing that remains to be seen is for how long Gazza will be able to keep his alcohol problem from interfering with his job since that was the thing that cost him the managerial job at Kettering.

[Source: Daily Mail]

Didier Drogba hints he could leave Chelsea

Didier Drogba hinted he might be leaving Chelsea soon after admitting there were no guarantees he would finish his career at Stamford Bridge.

The 32-year-old striker was on the verge of leaving the Blues this summer and he insists there is still a possibility of that happening.

“When I signed a new contract at Chelsea, I always said I wanted to finish my career here. But I am well placed to say that anything can happen.

“When I was at Marseille I said I would finish my career there but, one week later, everything changed.”

The Ivorian striker is suspended for the Champions League clash with his former club Marseille, but being heavily linked with a return to his former club, he may soon get the chance to play at the Velodrome after all.

[Source: The Sun]

Sevilla sack coach Antonio Alvarez

Sevilla FC have decided to sack coach Antonio Alvarez following the 2:0 defeat to Hercules.

Los Rojiblancos announced the sacking of Alvarez on their official website, while also saying Gregorio Manzano would take over as the first team coach.

With Sevilla failing to qualify for the Champions League and struggling at the start of their La Liga campaign, Alvarez had been under pressure for quite a while, but it was the 2:0 defeat to Hercules that served as the last drop that spilled the cup.

The club also confirmed the appointment of Gregorio Manzano as the new boss, with the former Mallorca coach set to conduct his first training session today at 19.00.

Manzano led Mallorca to the fifth-place finish last season, but the club surprisingly opted against extending his contract due to financial difficulties and that proved to be a blessing in disguise for Sevilla, who have signed the high-profile coach without having to pay any compensation.

[Source: Sevilla]

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Nemanja Lazarevic


Working as editor-in-chief at Soccernews.com, Nemanja Lazarevic is responsible for organising and managing the team of writers to ensure the content produced on the site meets high industry standards and remains interesting to our readers. As our go-to guy for the football transfer news, he uses an extensive experience in the industry to dig up latest transfer stories from local sources.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top