• Over 1000 in Free Bets
    Best Free Football Bets! Take advantage of these amazing promotions while it lasts. Now you can bet with the finest bookmakers and get the best deal on the Net. [+]
  • Live Streaming Football Watch free live streaming football, horse racing, tennis, volleyball etc. as a customer of Bet365. Bet In-Play available while watching your favourite sports. [+]

Halilovic will still join Barca this summer; Pepe Reina uncertain over future

Alen Halilovic will still move to Barcelona in the summer despite the club being hit with a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA earlier this week.

Dinamo Zagreb manager Zoran Mamic has revealed Alen Halilovic will still move to Barcelona in the summer despite the club being hit with a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA earlier this week.

The lengthy transfer ban was handed down by FIFA as a result of the club’s international transfers of non-Spanish minors.

The La Liga champions have made it clear they intend to appeal the decision, with FC Barcelona president insisting the club are “victims of a gross injustice”.

The aforementioned reports had casted a shadow of doubt over the summer transfer of Halilovic but the Prva HNL giants boss Zoran Mamic has insisted the deal is still on, much to the annoyance of English Premier League duo Manchester City and Manchester United.

“I called the Barcelona board and got an assurance that the sentence does not affect the transfer of Alen Halilovic,” said Mamic.

“Everything is fine, there is no need for speculation. Alen will move to Barcelona after this season, that is for sure. 

“The contract is signed and you can be sure that nothing unusual will happen.”

With that said, the transfer ban is expected to prevent Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen from joining the Blaugrana at the end of the season.

However, the Germany international, 21, still wants to leave Borussia-Park in the summer amid reported interest from Arsenal and Manchester City.

Pepe Reina uncertain over future

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who is currently plying his trade at Serie A side Napoli, remains uncertain regarding his long-term future.

After Sunday’s 2-0 win over table toppers Juventus, Napoli supremo Aurelio de Laurentiis told Reina he must stay at the Stadio San Paolo at end of the season.

“After yesterday’s victory I went down to the locker room and I promised the players a bonus if they can finish second,” said De Laurentiis.

“Then I talked to Reina and told him that he must remain with us. I want him confirmed for next season.

“He was happy, for him it was a double reward.”

Following the arrival of Simon Mignolet from Sunderland last summer, the Spain international, 31, is no longer needed at Anfield, with Brendan Rodgers admitting he does not expect the 31-year-old back at the club next term.

“I liked a lot what the president said and I’m happy for his praise,” Reina told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“Me and my family feel really good here in Naples. It feels like home.

“Unfortunately at the end of the season I’ll have to go back to Liverpool, but as long as I am here I will give my best for this shirt, for the club and the fans.

“Then I will speak with Liverpool and we will try to find the best solution for everyone. Now, I only think about finishing as high as possible with Napoli.”

Reina, whose current contract at Liverpool is set to expire in the summer of 2016, has kept eight clean sheets in 24 Serie A appearances for Napoli this season.

Thu 3 April, 2014
RSS Feed
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here

Add your comment