• Over 1000 in Free Bets
    Best Free Football Bets!
    Take advantage of these amazing promotions while it lasts. Now you can bet with the finest bookmakers and get the best deal on the net. [+]
  • Live Streaming Football
    Watch live streaming football, horse racing, tennis, volleyball etc. as a customer of Bet365. Bet In-Play available while watching your favourite sports. [+]

Hummels plays down Barca talk; Lazio rubbish reports of Hernanes exit

Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels has revealed he has not been in contact with FC Barcelona or any other club.

Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels has revealed he has not been in contact with FC Barcelona or any other club and intends to stay at Signal Iduna Park this summer, ESPN understands.

Hummels, 24, has been linked with a summer move to the Camp Nou on a number of occasions in recent months.

Last month, Barcelona president Sandro Rosell confirmed the club are interested in signing a “German player,” but did not specify whether or not it was Mats Hummels.

For all we know, Rosell could have been referring to Hummels’ team-mate Mario Gotze, who is set to join Bayern Munich in a €37 million deal at the end of the season.

“I don’t think it is my job to quash rumours made up by other people,” said Hummels. “If, in the future, there should be some truth to those things, I will say so. And when I now maintain that there is nothing to these rumours, people should believe me.

“I have not had any contact with Barcelona or any other club.”

The Germany international, whose current contract expires in the summer of 2017, has bagged four goals and four assists in 50 competitive appearances for club and country this season.

However, it remains uncertain whether or not the 24-year-old will take part in the UEFA Champions League final at Wembley Stadium at the weekend.

According to BVB team doctor Marcus Braun, Hummels ‘may’ be fit to face Bayern Munich on Saturday.

“It’s absolutely realistic that he will recover in time for the Champions League final against FC Bayern Munich in London on Saturday,” said Braun.

Lazio rubbish reports of Hernanes exit

S.S. Lazio president Claudio Lotito has rubbished reports suggesting the Biancazzurri could sell Brazil international midfielder Hernanes to AC Milan, Sky Sports reports.

Hernanes, 27, is reportedly attracting interest from a number of top clubs across Europe but Lazio have moved to deny reports linking the Brazilian with a summer exit from the Stadio Olimpico.

“Milan have not asked us about Hernanes and the player is not on the market. We want to strengthen our team and not weaken it,” Lotito told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Lotito also confirmed that manager Vladimir Petkovic will remain in charge of the club next season.

“He has a contract with Lazio and it’s not an issue,” added Lotito.

Lazio, who failed to qualify for the UEFA Europa League after suffering a 1-0 defeat to Cagliari Calcio on the final day of the season, are scheduled to face arch rivals AS Roma in the Coppa Italia final at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.

Tue 21 May, 2013
RSS Feed
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here