Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed the club are set to sign the likes of Mamadou Sakho, Tiago Ilori and Victor Moses before the transfer window closes on Monday, Sky Sports understands.
Ilori, Moses and Sakho were at Anfield to watch Liverpool defeat Manchester United on Sunday, with the trio expected to join the Reds in the coming hours.
Rodgers is absolutely delighted with the prospect of adding Ilori, Moses and Sakho to his squad, and rightfully so.
The trio will provide the Reds with depth, defensive reinforcements and most importantly, quality.
“We hope they can be completed,” said Rodgers. “I don’t think there will be any confirmation until tomorrow.
“We need that depth and we need more numbers.
“The players that we want, if we can get them over the line, are all quality players and will really help us going forward.”
Ilori and Sakho are set to arrive at Anfield for a combined fee of £25 million, while Victor Moses will join the Reds on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea for £1 million.
Atsu, a former transfer target of Tottenham Hotspur, has put pen to paper on a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
The Ghana international, 21, has been loaned to Dutch Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem for the rest of the 2013/14 season.
Coentrao staying put
Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has insisted Fabio Coentrao will be staying at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu this summer amid speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League, according to Sky Sports.
Premier League contenders Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in the Portugal international left-back, who joined Madrid from Portuguese giants S.L. Benfica for a fee of €30 million in the summer of 2011.
Coentrao, 25, asked to leave Madrid earlier this month, but has now decided to stay in Madrid despite interest from a number of top English clubs.
“Fabio is staying. I understood that he wanted to go, but really it was not the same desire for everyone. Now he’s decided to stay and everybody, the club, players and coaching staff, are happy with this decision,” said Ancelotti following Los Blancos’ 3-1 win over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
Madrid are expected to announce the signing of Tottenham Hotspur ace Gareth Bale before the transfer window closes tomorrow, while Kaka continues to be linked with a return to AC Milan following the surprise sale of Kevin-Prince Boateng to Schalke 04.
“I don’t really know what is going to happen tomorrow. I cannot say today. Anything could happen, both with regards to players coming in and players going out,” added Ancelotti.