Sunday, June 25, 2017

Internazionale confirm interest in Vidic; Diamanti agrees to join Guangzhou Evergrande

FC Internazionale Milano sporting director Piero Ausilio has confirmed the club's interest in signing Nemanja Vidic in the summer.

FC Internazionale Milano sporting director Piero Ausilio has confirmed the club’s interest in signing Manchester United centre-back Nemanja Vidic in the summer.

Earlier this week, Vidic, whose current deal at Old Trafford expires in June, announced he will be leaving United at the end of the season, with manager David Moyes insisting the captain will leave by mutual consent.

The former Serbia international, 32, joined United from Spartak Moscow for around £7 million in January 2006 and has gone on to score 20 goals in 287 appearances for the Red Devils.

A host of top European clubs — including the likes of AC Milan, Barcelona, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Juventus, Monaco, Paris Saint-Germain, Porto and Real Madrid — are reportedly keen on signing Vidic in the summer, with Internazionale priced at 8/11 to land the 32-year-old.

“Vidic is an important player whose contract expires in June. Like other European clubs, we will try to get something from this great opportunity,” Ausilio told Tuttosport, as per Sky Sports.

“He is one of the players we are tracking. He has an interesting profile for Inter, as he has charisma and international experience.

“We will probably lose some players in his role because their contracts are up, so he is someone we are trying to pay attention to.

“However, it’s a long way from that to saying we’ve already done something with regards to Vidic and I don’t feel ready to confirm that.”

Vidic — priced at 20/1 to score last when United play host to Fulham at Old Trafford on Sunday — has scored one goal in 21 appearances in all competitions for the English Premier League champions this term.

Manchester United (2/9); Fulham (14/1); Draw (6/1)

Diamanti agrees to join Guangzhou Evergrande

Bologna F.C. 1909 have confirmed midfielder Alessandro Diamanti has joined Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande on a permanent deal, according to the club’s official website.

A statement on Bolognafc.it read: “Bologna FC 1909 announces that it has reached an agreement with Guangzhou Evergrande FC for the permanent transfer of Alessandro Diamanti.”

Diamanti, 30, has been recruited to the Tianhe Stadium by former Italy national team boss Marcello Lippi, who led Guangzhou Evergrande to the Chinese Super League title in 2013.

The former West Ham United midfielder, who represented the Azzurri at the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil last summer, is looking forward to this new chapter in his career.

“I am pleased to be able to start with my family this new adventure,” said Diamanti.

“I thank the whole club and especially the city of Bologna, which has made me feel important on and off the field.”

Diamanti tallied five goals and two assists in 19 Serie A starts for Bologna this season.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Shawn Etemadi


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "Internazionale confirm interest in Vidic; Diamanti agrees to join Guangzhou Evergrande"

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
stewie
Guest
stewie

I knew inter would go for him, they live their old players there, he’ll probably stay until he is 40 too

wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top