Fulham boss Martin Jol has declared there is no rift with Bobby Zamora, denying reports the striker was forced to train with the reserves.
Reports on Tuesday suggested Zamora had been forced to train with the reserve squad after a bust-up with Jol, but the Dutch manager insisted he knew nothing of the sort.
“There were no reserves yesterday because we have a (reserve) game today so there was no reserves yesterday (when Bobby Zamora reportedly trained with the reserves),” Jol said.
“We always train with the best group so Aaron Hughes was there (Pajtim) Kasami, (Marcel) Gecov; all the players who were not involved in the game (on Saturday were there). That’s the normal thing, so I don’t know what they (the reports) are on about.”
Rumours surfaced after Zamora, who has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage in the January transfer window, missed Fulham’s 2-0 victory over Bolton on Saturday after failing a late fitness test.
But Jol has steadfastly rejected all reports of a row and said he had no immediate plans to off-load Zamora in January.
“I’m not concerned. For me there is not a big problem. There are no problems that I know of, I don’t think so,” he said.
The England international played in Fulham’s 2-2 Europa League draw with Danish side Odense BK last Wednesday and has not scored for the London club since October 2 in Fulham’s 6-0 rout of QPR.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!