Juventus have rejected an €80million offer from Barcelona for Paul Pogba, according to the club’s managing director Beppe Marotta.
France international Pogba has been linked with a move away from Turin throughout the close-season, with Barca, Real Madrid and Manchester City all said to be interested in striking a deal.
Marrotta met with Barca officials on Wednesday, but confirmed a huge bid from the Spanish and European champions has been turned down.
Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, Marotta said: “The mood of the meeting was very good, terrific, but we did not reach an agreement for Pogba with Barca.
“We received an offer of €80million but I can say that Juve do not want to sell Pogba.”
Speaking a day after Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 in the UEFA Champions League final last month, Barca president Josep Bartomeu confirmed that the Catalan club – who also won La Liga and the Copa del Rey last season – were interested in Pogba.
In May, Real released a statement denying a report in Italian newspaper La Stampa that an offer had been lodged for Pogba, saying the claims were “completely false”.
Pogba has been an influential figure in Juventus’ midfield since joining from Manchester United ahead of the 2012-13 season, winning three Serie A titles and the Coppa Italia.