Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Kiessling hopeful of Germany recall

SoccerNews in Bundesliga 11 Nov 2012

8 Views

Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling says he still harbours hope of being called up for Germany despite not being involved in two years.

The 28-year-old last featured for Germany at the last World Cup, earning a third-place medal after appearing as a substitute in the wins over England and Uruguay.

Kiessling, who has hit six goals in 10 league games for Leverkusen so far in 201/-13, maintains he is still open to a recall, but concedes he has not had contact with Joachim Loew for years.

“Of course, one hopes. It is an honour to play for Germany. I am 28, and I have not yet written off my chances of a return. We will see in the next few years what is to come,” Kiessling told Bild.

“But it’s OK for me. I can fully focus on Bayer, my main job, and do not have to deal with this national team issue. After the 2010 World Cup, I was a bit broken.

“I’m not disappointed because I already expected this. I am focused on Leverkusen. We are still in three competitions and we want to achieve something.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top