Monday, August 21, 2017

Liverpool line up bid for Victor Moses; Newcastle step up interest in Debuchy

Liverpool line up bid for Victor Moses

Liverpool are readying bid for Wigan attacker Victor Moses, English newspaper The Sun reports.

The Reds were on the verge of signing playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim, but have now fallen behind Tottenham in the pecking order.

As a result, the Anfield outfit are ready to turn their attention to Wigan forward Victor Moses.

The 21-year-old is one of the most sought-after players in English Premier League and the Latics recently rejected a £4 million bid from Chelsea.

Moses is reportedly ready to leave DW Stadium for greener pastures and he would be interested in a move to Anfield.

The Nigerian forward largely impressed last season, scoring 6 goals and producing another 5 in 38 Premier League games.

Newcastle step up interest in Debuchy

Newcastle have stepped up their efforts to sign Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy, The Mirror understands.

The Magpies had a £4 million bid for the highly rated defender rejected earlier this month, but they have now reignited their interest.

The Mirror claims Newcastle raised their bid to £6 million, which is still some way short of Lille’s valuation of the player.

Lille boss Rudi Garcia yesterday suggested that Debuchy wanted to leave les Dogues, but also said that he would not be sold until a replacement was found.

The 26-year-old further established his reputation as one of the best right-backs in Europe with some solid showings at the Euro 2012.

Debuchy was also linked with Inter and Arsenal, but Newcastle were the first club to make an official offer for the player’s services.

Mehmet Topal set for Fenerbahce switch

Fenerbahce are set to sign midfielder Mehmet Topal from Valencia, according to the Turkish player.

The Turkish giants have been looking for a new holding midfielder and they recently entered talks with Valencia for the 26-year-old.

Fenerbahce chiefs yesterday confirmed the two clubs are close to reaching an agreement over the transfer fee.

“Negotiations have begun over the transfer of Valencia’s Mehmet Topal,” Fenerbahce informed the Turkish stock exchange.

The player also confirmed that he was about to make a switch to Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.

“Everything is going well,” Mehmet Topal told Turkish news agency DHA. “The two parties will reach an agreement soon, and I will sign a contract soon.”

The interesting thing is that the highly rated midfielder joined Valencia from Fenerbahce’s fierce rivals Galatsaray and his decision to sign for the Yellow Canaries will cause a lot of controversy in his home country.

For more news about football transfers and rumours, visit our Transfer News section. To view all football transfers for 2012/13 season, visit our Soccer Transfers section.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Nemanja Lazarevic


Working as editor-in-chief at Soccernews.com, Nemanja Lazarevic is responsible for organising and managing the team of writers to ensure the content produced on the site meets high industry standards and remains interesting to our readers. As our go-to guy for the football transfer news, he uses an extensive experience in the industry to dig up latest transfer stories from local sources.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "Liverpool line up bid for Victor Moses; Newcastle step up interest in Debuchy"

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Ebi Egiye
Guest
Ebi Egiye

Arsenal 4 debuchy and not newcastle

wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top