Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Liverpool open contract talks with Jones

SoccerNews in English Premier League 2 May 2015

3 Views

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said the club have held talks with second-choice goalkeeper Brad Jones regarding a new contract.

Jones is a free agent at the end of the season and the Australian shot-stopper has not played for Liverpool since Boxing Day after suffering a thigh injury.

But the 33-year-old could extend his stay at Anfield as backup for Simon Mignolet, after Rodgers told reporters: “There have been discussions.

“Obviously, Brad is in his last year but nothing has been resolved on that.”

Jones, who arrived from Middlesbrough in 2010, stepped in for the embattled Mignolet and played four consecutive fixtures in all competitions before injuring himself in Liverpool’s 1-0 win at Burnley on December 26.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top