F.C. Porto striker Jackson Martinez has confirmed he will be joining Atletico Madrid on a four-year deal this summer.
The Colombia international, 28, will move to the Estadio Vicente Calderón for €35 million after turning down an offer to join Italian Serie A giants AC Milan.
“I can confirm I am going to Atletico,” said Martinez after Colombia were eliminated from the Copa America by Argentina on Friday.
“I am going there for four years, but I still don’t know when I will be introduced.
“It’s all ready. I’m going to enjoy spending some time with my family for now and then travel to Spain to introduce myself to my new club.
“I’m very excited about taking this step with Atletico Madrid. It’s a new challenge in my career and I hope things turn out very well for me there.
“I’m joining with the promise of contributing to ensure the club follows their evolution.”
Martinez, who was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this summer, bagged 31 goals in 41 appearances in all competitions for Porto last season.
Tevez rejoins Boca Juniors
Argentina international forward Carlos Tevez has left four-time reigning Italian Serie A champions Juventus to rejoin boyhood club Boca Juniors.
According to reports, the 31-year-old Argentine, who joined Juve from English Premier League side Manchester City for £10 million in the summer of 2013, was the subject of reported interest from Atletico Madrid, Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain, but Boca were always odds-on to win the race for his signature.
“It is a day of joy and great satisfaction,” said Boca president Daniel Angelici.
“The return of Carlos Tevez in an extraordinary moment of his career is fantastic news for all partners and supporters of Boca and Argentine football.
“The presence of Carlos will give another leap in quality to the great squad we have.”
Tevez tallied 29 goals and seven assists in 46 competitive appearances for the Bianconeri in 2014/15.
Fosu signs new Reading deal
Reading F.C. midfielder Tariqe Fosu has penned a new two-year deal at the Madejski Stadium.
Fosu, 19, helped the Royals’ Under-21s win promotion to the Premier League Division One last season, and made his senior debut against Derby County on the final day of the campaign.
“I’m delighted to have signed,” Fosu told the club’s official website. “Another two years and now I’m looking to kick on from last season and hopefully serve the club well.
“I’m still buzzing now ever since making my first team debut on the last day of the season. It was an unexplainable feeling and I thought I took my chance well. I like to excite the fans. I’ve just got to do what I do and hopefully they enjoy it.
“I would like to make my mark on the first team this season. But I’ll keep my feet on the ground, keep working hard and hopefully I’ll get the opportunity.”