Paris Saint-Germain winger Jeremy Menez has refuted claims he refused to enter the pitch during their 0-0 draw with Ajaccio.
The French media reported the former Roma man had ignored Carlo Ancelotti’s attempts to use him as a substitute in the stalemate, but Menez denies that was the case.
“It is totally false in any case,” the 25-year-old told the club’s website.
“It’s simple – I didn’t even get off the bench to warm up so I do not see how I could refuse to go on the field. The whole bench can be my witness.
“I was calm on Friday evening and for me these lies are empty. I prefer to clarify the situation because it is a non-event, none of this has happened.”
Menez said he had previously had some problems with his attitude, but insists the French press need to acknowledge that he is maturing.
“Unfortunately, in the past, I have had some mood swings when I was young,” he said.
“I try to make daily efforts on my behaviour and all the while these kind of stories keep on going. Obviously, it does not make me happy and I do not know why people try to harm me.”
The 0-0 draw with PSG saw the club surrender top spot in Ligue 1 to Lyon.