Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Montpellier accept Belhanda bids

SoccerNews in La Liga 29 Jun 2013

1 Views

Montpellier have accepted two offers for in-demand midfielder Younes Belhanda.

The 23-year-old Moroccan is on the wishlist of a host of clubs after two outstanding seasons in Ligue 1.

Belhanda scored 12 goals in 28 league appearances in Montpellier’s 2011-12 title winning season, while he added another 10 strikes last term.

His form has seen him linked with the likes of Newcastle, Tottenham and Arsenal, while Aston Villa are said to be the most interested.

Belhanda has previously expressed an interest in joining Villa, hailing them as “a great club with a big history playing in the best league in the world.”

Italian giants Milan, Inter, Atletico Madrid of Spain and Turkish Super Lig outfit Galatasaray are also said to be chasing Belhanda, and Montpellier president Louis Nicollin confirmed on the club’s official Twitter account that they had accepted bids.

The tweet read: “Louis Nicollin: ‘we have 2 concrete offers for Y. Belhanda with whom we are in agreement, it is up to the player to choose’.” (sic)

Belhanda scored for Morocco in his last competitive match, as they beat Gambia 2-0 in Marrakech.

The result was not enough to keep Morocco in the hunt to reach the 2014 FIFA World Cup though, as they bowed out of CAF qualifying in the second round.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top