Saturday, April 29, 2017

Moratti: Balotelli unlikely to return to Inter

SoccerNews in Serie A 28 Nov 2012

2 Views

Inter president Massimo Moratti says a return to the club for Mario Balotelli appears unlikely.

The Italy international signed for Manchester City from the San Siro in 2010 for a reported fee of 24 million pounds, but his Premier League career has been littered with disciplinary and fitness problems.

After starting just five Premier League matches so far this season, a move from England had been mooted, but Moratti is not expecting the 22-year-old to be returning any time soon, with the club trying to cut back on spending.

“I really don’t think that Balotelli will be coming back to Inter,” Moratti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“As far as I’m concerned the team will stay more or less the way it is now.”

Inter sit third in Serie A and have already qualified for the knockout stage of the Europa League, and Moratti is confident the current squad can challenge for trophies.

“It’s a good challenge for the players that we have, who all want to do well and build on what we’ve achieved early in the season,” he said.

“Inter are a good team, but every now and then we don’t do so well.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top