Monday, November 20, 2017

Moyes would accept Everton return but hints at different job offer

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 4 Nov 2017

154 Views

David Moyes would accept an offer to return as Everton manager, but hinted he has interest from other clubs.

Everton sacked Ronald Koeman last month after a 5-2 defeat to Arsenal left them in the Premier League’s bottom three.

Moyes spent 11 years at Goodison Park before leaving for an ill-fated 10-month spell in charge of Manchester United ahead of the 2013-14 season.

The Scot has since endured disappointing spells in charge of Real Sociedad and Sunderland, the latter being relegated from the Premier League under his stewardship last season.

However, Moyes admitted that a return to Everton is appealing should the opportunity arise.

Speaking to beIN SPORTS, he said: “Of course it would have to be yes, but I’ve got other things ongoing and it might not be too long before I’m back in work. 

“If the job came up I would be interested, but I’ve got other interests as well.

“Bill [Kenwright] is one of the best chairmen so anyone who does get the job will be working with a really good chairman who’s incredibly supportive.

“I had 11 great years there – I loved it.

“Sometimes going back isn’t always the answer but Jose Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won the league, and now Jupp Heynckes is back at Bayern Munich.

“I’m a better coach and better all-round manager. I think in football you have to go through difficulties.”

Asked why he thinks Everton have struggled this season despite bringing in the likes of Wayne Rooney, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Davy Klaassen during the last transfer window, Moyes said: “I’m amazed because I had them down to be top six.

“I think they’ve bought good players, but I’m not sure if they’ve bought all the right pieces and I don’t expect them to be where they are right now.”

Another man who has been linked with the vacancy is Marco Silva, whose Watford side have impressed with their style of play in the Premier League this season.

However, the Portuguese says there has been no contact from the Toffees.

“Nobody has approached me and I am staying focused on the next match,” the Hornets boss said ahead of Watford’s trip to Everton on Sunday.

“We need to respect our club, our opponent and our sole focus is to prepare our players for the match on Sunday, and do the best we can to win.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top