The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Inter v Lazio: Ranocchia wants to build momentum December 19th, 2014
- Rodgers hits out at Sterling criticism December 19th, 2014
- Pardew backs Colback to shine against Sunderland December 19th, 2014
- Minimal recovery time a concern for Bauza December 19th, 2014
- Liverpool v Arsenal: Wenger out to avoid repeat performance December 19th, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here