The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Colombian Primera A Review: Deportivo Cali go top, Deportes Tolima draw September 2nd, 2014
- Argentine Primera Division Review: River go top, Arruabarrena makes winning start with Boca September 2nd, 2014
- Ben Arfa seals Hull loan September 2nd, 2014
- Transfer Deadline Day: Ligue 1 Round-Up September 2nd, 2014
- Transfer Deadline Day: Premier League Round-Up September 2nd, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here