The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Freiburg 1 Stuttgart 4: Harnik secures win on Stevens´ return November 28th, 2014
- Dordrecht 0 Willem II 4: Armenteros double inspires visitors November 28th, 2014
- Bayern Munich turnover breaks half-a-billion barrier November 28th, 2014
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Borussia Dortmund: Gundogan demands winning run November 28th, 2014
- Milan v Udinese: Inzaghi out to break winless run November 28th, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here