The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Patient Inter got just rewards – Mazzarri August 21st, 2014
- UEFA Europa League Review: Inter win in Iceland August 20th, 2014
- UEFA Champions League Play-offs Review: Away sides prosper in play-off first legs August 20th, 2014
- Fulham 0 Wolves 1: Sako inflicts more misery on hosts August 20th, 2014
- Bundesliga Preview: Klopp set to break record as Dortmund host Leverkusen August 20th, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here