The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- West Brom 2 Manchester United 2: Blind rescues point for Van Gaal´s men October 20th, 2014
- Russian Premier League Review: CSKA, Rubin claim easy victories October 20th, 2014
- De Boer calls for confident Ajax October 20th, 2014
- Robben hails Roma ahead of Champions League showdown October 20th, 2014
- Turkish Super Lig Review: Besiktas win again, Sneijder settles derby October 20th, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here