The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Carrick: I want to give Van Gaal selection headache October 24th, 2014
- Aberdeen 1 Motherwell 0: Hayes strike enough to sink lowly visitors October 24th, 2014
- Fulham 3 Charlton Athletic 0: Parker and Rodallega move Fulham out of drop zone October 24th, 2014
- Celta Vigo 3 Levante 0: Alcaraz defeated in first game in charge October 24th, 2014
- Toulouse 0 Lens 2: Visitors escape drop zone October 24th, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here