The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Smalling wants long-term United stay March 29th, 2015
- South Africa 1-1 Nigeria: Last-gasp Zungu goal cancels out Musa strike March 29th, 2015
- Italy call up Santon and Abate for England friendly March 29th, 2015
- Switzerland v United States: Klinsmann eyes learning curve March 29th, 2015
- Netherlands v Spain: Hiddink has players´ support, says Wijnaldum March 29th, 2015
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here