The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Hamilton Academical 2 Motherwell 0: Canning gets first win as player-manager April 24th, 2015
- Sporting Braga 1 Belenenses 1: Hosts´ slim Champions League hopes hang by a thread April 24th, 2015
- Mainz 2 Schalke 0: Bell brace increases Di Matteo pressure April 24th, 2015
- Cordoba 0 Athletic Bilbao 1: Benat sinks strugglers April 24th, 2015
- Marseille 3 Lorient 5: Late collapse gives hosts fourth loss in a row April 24th, 2015
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here