The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Stoke lose to Cologne on Afellay debut August 1st, 2015
- Norwich capture goalkeeper Kean August 1st, 2015
- Jovetic hits out at Pellegrini following City exit August 1st, 2015
- Jones backing new boys to spark United revival August 1st, 2015
- Celtic 2 Ross County 0: Griffiths limps off in routine success August 1st, 2015
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here