The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Aston Villa v Southampton: Koeman eyes international swagger November 22nd, 2014
- Newcastle United 1 QPR 0: Skipper Sissoko seals fifth straight win November 22nd, 2014
- Leicester City 0 Sunderland 0: Hosts´ goal drought continues November 22nd, 2014
- Stoke City 1 Burnley 2: Ings at the double as visitors hold on November 22nd, 2014
- Atletico Madrid 3 Malaga 1: Unconvincing champions halt in-form visitors November 22nd, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here