The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Monaco v Paris Saint-Germain: Jardim wants no Champions League distractions February 27th, 2015
- Inter v Fiorentina: Both sides on a high after Europa League success February 27th, 2015
- Real Madrid v Villarreal: Ancelotti´s side looking to keep chasing pack at bay February 27th, 2015
- Arsenal v Everton: Hurting Wenger calls for immediate response February 27th, 2015
- Hull and Panathinaikos among four clubs pay FFP fines February 27th, 2015
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here