The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected an appeal made by Fiorentina striker Adrian Mutu against an order to pay Chelsea Ã‚Â£14.5m in damages. The Blues sacked the Romania international in 2005 after he tested positive for cocaine. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Court of Arbitration for Sport has today dismissed the appeal filed by the Romanian football player, Adrian Mutu, against the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on May 7, 2008 in which he was order to pay Ã¢â€šÂ¬17,173,990 in compensationÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ for breach of contract,Ã¢â‚¬Â a statement read.
Last 5 posts by SoccerNews
- Mourinho not interested in Reus November 24th, 2014
- Pellegrini dismisses Messi rumours November 24th, 2014
- Anderlecht v Galatasaray: Faint hopes remain alive in Belgium November 24th, 2014
- Luis Enrique: Barca must beat APOEL November 24th, 2014
- Indian Super League Preview: Materazzi keen to maintain momentum, Goa host Kerala November 24th, 2014
Buy Soccer Tickets Largest selection of premium soccer tickets for the Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Serie A, European Cups, World Cup etc. Click Here