Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Nicollin shuts down Yanga-Mbiwa transfer talk

SoccerNews in Ligue 1 28 Sep 2012

2 Views

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin says Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa will not leave the Ligue 1 champions in the January transfer window.

The France international was believed to be close to joining AC Milan earlier in the off-season, but the move eventually fell through, as Milan refused to meet Montpellier’s valuation of the defender.

Fresh reports have suggested Milan could make another move for Yanga-Mbiwa in January, but Nicollin has claimed the centre-back is going nowhere.

“Is there any possibility that Yanga-Mbiwa will leave in January? Absolutely not,” Nicollin told calciomercato.com.

“We’re working on extending Yanga-Mbiwa’s contract. In any case, the only thing that’s certain at the moment is that Yanga-Mbiwa won’t leave in January.

“Are Juventus and Barcelona are also interested in Yanga-Mbiwa? To be honest, nobody has asked us about him. I don’t know if any clubs have been in contact with Yanga-Mbiwa’s agent, and I honestly don’t care.”

Yanga-Mbiwa’s contract with Montpellier is due to expire at the end of the season.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top