Saturday, July 21, 2018

No deal yet between Griezmann and Barca

As reported on Sky, Antoine Griezmann did an interview for French television TF1, where he denied all reports of a deal with Barcelona being already agreed.

The reporter told him that “according to their sources”, the deal had been struck, but to that the Atletico Madrid forward replied that he didn’t know where their information came from, but it was wrong.

This saga is likely to be a long-running one. Last summer, Griezmann himself said that his chances of moving to Manchester United were 6/10, but after a transfer ban had been imposed on the Madrid club, he chose to sign a new contract. Naturally, the club’s inability to sign a replacement was probably the reason behind his sudden U-turn.

The French international also said, as recently as last month, that his decision will be made before the start of the Word Cup on June 14th, as he wishes a clear situation to allow him to focus properly on the tournament in Russia.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Veselin Trajkovic


Vesko is a football writer that likes to observe the game for what it is, focusing on teams, players and their roles, formations, tactics, rather than stats. He follows the English Premier League closely, Liverpool FC in particular. His articles have been published on four different football blogs.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
More More
Top