Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has ruled out a move to Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain.
The 29-year-old’s representative, Dimitri Seluk, set a deadline of Saturday for City to agree a new deal with his client, while there have even been suggestions that Toure would buy out his contact at the end of the season.
The former Barcelona midfielder is now reportedly preparing for showdown talks with City officials after returning from international duty.
But Toure has ruled out a move to PSG, dismissing rumours he had discussed a move away from the club, and reaffirmed his commitment to City.
“No, I don’t think of PSG,” Toure told Sport-Ivoire. “You know that with approach of the transfer window, there are many things that are said in the newspapers.
“We are professional and so far I have not given any agreement with any club. I am for the moment a City player and I will fight so that we finished the season in good conditions.”
Toure’s lucrative contract is due to expire in 2015, and while he hinted at struggles over a new deal, his main focus is on enjoying his football.
“In a club there are players and administrators,” Toure said. “We are like soldiers and we carry out what employers say.
“The most important thing for me is to continue to have fun and to entertain the public.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!