Friday, October 20, 2017

No rush for van Nistelrooy

SoccerNews in Bundesliga 21 Sep 2010

5 Views

(GSM) – Ruud van Nistelrooy has revealed that he will not rush into talks over a new contract at Hamburger SV but would rather carefully monitor his future.

The former Manchester United striker had already said last week that he was looking to extend his career for as long as possible.

Van Nistelrooy admitted that he would be prepared to discuss an extended deal with HSV, as his current terms are due to expire in June 2011.

But the 34-year-old, who left Real Madrid for Germany last winter, insists he will not make any rash decisions before choosing his career path.

Van Nistelrooy told FAZ: “I am staying firm on the claim that I will carefully monitor everything from year to year at this point in my career.

“I am looking at things and then I will come up with a well-thought decision. My biggest goal of the current season remains playing well for Hamburg.

“Maybe I am going to sign a new deal, but maybe I won’t.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top